The Centre for Employment Innovation is defined by four key pillars of work:
Research and Innovation
- Developing an evidence-based research and innovation agenda, and implementing it through a community-based network.
- Working collaboratively with sector-based organizations and stakeholders to identify exemplary practices in employment and training service models.
- Contributing to the internationalization of employment services.
- Encouraging innovative practices, including the use of a bilingual website and virtual tools that connect service providers and respond to client needs.
Collaboration and Engagement
- Building a trusting and collegial environment between the CEI, employment service providers, and other regional, national, and international stakeholders.
- Establishing an inclusive and holistic community of learning.
- Building strong relationships that reinforce the key role of employment services support in establishing a skilled, effective, and resilient workforce.
- Encouraging and supporting service providers, government, education and post-secondary systems, employers, and industry groups to develop and utilize inclusive, interactive, connected, and client-centric employment programming and service delivery.
Capacity Building and Training
- Fostering capacity building efforts that respect and recognize the specialized expertise and knowledge of current service providers.
- Developing and fostering consistent and commonly-branded employment service and training models that have the flexibility and capacity to support local responsiveness.
- Leveraging the outreach and accessibility supports within StFX to enhance the CEI’s activities.
- Drawing upon the 90-year history of StFX Extension’s work to engage communities across Nova Scotia and throughout the Atlantic Region in socio-economic activities.
Governance and Leadership
- Developing an inclusive and robust organizational governance model.
- Focusing on outcomes that build capacity and confidence.
- Providing support and knowledge to strengthen leadership for partners.
- Positioning the CEI within the StFX Extension Department, with linkages to StFX faculties and research departments, and connecting it to communities across Nova Scotia.