WHO WE ARE
The Centre for Employment Innovation (CEI) at St. Francis Xavier (StFX) University works alongside communities to strengthen the development and delivery of employment services in Nova Scotia through various activities, partnerships, projects and research.
The CEI works diligently with its partners to:
- enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion within workplaces;
- foster exemplary career development practices;
- conduct applied and practitioner-based research;
- provide distributed systems leadership;
- foster a more skilled, resilient, and productive workforce;
- encourage collaboration for a greater collective impact for all Nova Scotians.
As part of a systems-focused approach to employment services excellence, the CEI conducts many of its activities in collaboration with Nova Scotia Works and other provincial employment services providers, the Nova Scotia Career Development Association (NSCDA), and the Government of Nova Scotia’s Department of Labour, Skills and Immigration.
NEWS & UPDATES
Meet Kristen! Kristen is our Nova Scotia Works Summer Intern. Kristen is from Whitby, Ontario and is currently in her third year in Human Kinetics at StFX with a minor in Biology. Kristen is looking forward to working with interns across the NS Works system to...
Meet Kevanya! Kevanya recently accepted the role of Collective Impact for Inclusive Youth Employment (CIIYE) Intern. In her new role, Kevanya will support current research and support the development of the mentorship component of CIIYE. Kevanya is a recent graduate...
Jack recently accepted the role of Future of Leadership Intern at CEI.