The Skills and Learning Branch at the Government of Nova Scotia’s Department of Labour and Advanced Education (LAE) is looking for innovative concepts to build local labour market programs that support individuals to develop skills, and to prepare for, secure and maintain employment. The Call for Concepts, Back to Work: Community Partnerships will provide direct funding support to community-based projects that:
- identify and support local/regional partnerships for the planning, creation and delivery of short-term, labour market programs and projects that respond to an immediate community need;
- focus on supporting community-based learning and employment solutions;
- support the development of programs or initiatives intended to help marginalized individuals in preparing for, securing, and maintaining employment; and
- support employers and sectors to find and/or develop skilled workers and to build more diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- employment services and supports;
- human resource support to sectors;
- services and support to underrepresented groups; and education and training programs.